This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: GregorianCalendar fixes
- From: Chris Gray <chris at kiffer dot eunet dot be>
- To: Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe dot org>, Stephen Crawley <crawley at dstc dot edu dot au>
- Cc: crawley at piglet dot dstc dot edu dot au, classpath at gnu dot org, Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, kaffe at kaffe dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:31:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: GregorianCalendar fixes
- References: <200311280102.hAS12oYd014201@piglet.dstc.edu.au> <3FC75F0E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Friday 28 November 2003 15:43, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> In the long run, the JDK is as irrelevant as an industry standard as SCO
> Unix is now. Ten years ago, there were many (closed source)
> implementations of Unix-ish OSes. GNU/Linux is gradually replacing them.
> I boldly predict that the same will happen with Java. True WORA for Java
> will arrive, but it will arrive through free software efforts like mauve
> & GNU Classpath  that will provide the next reference platform.
Chris Gray /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi http://www.kiffer.be/k/
email@example.com +32 477 599 703