This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch: FYI: important memory-trashing fix
- From: Mohan Embar <gnustuff at thisiscool dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: GCC libjava patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bryce McKinlay <bryce at mckinlay dot net dot nz>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:17:40 -0600
- Subject: Re: Patch: FYI: important memory-trashing fix
- Reply-to: gnustuff at thisiscool dot com
>It turns out that in many cases we were passing the wrong length to
>JvGetStringUTFRegion. Perhaps we should add a new API that doesn't
>take a length argument at all, since that seems to be the most common
>use by far.
Wow. At least it's not going to be me that's at the wrong end
of Bryce's scrutiny this time. Lots of luck!