This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch: java.net.URLStreamHandler
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Michael Koch <konqueror at gmx dot de>
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:39:00 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Patch: java.net.URLStreamHandler
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Michael Koch wrote:
> The attached patch fixes a mauve failure. JDK prints the port number always
> if it was present in the URL spec, even if its equal to the default port.
> This patch fixes this.
I don't have a strong opinion on whether the Mauve test is overly
pendantic here or 100% JDK compliance is really important. Clearly the
URL is equivalent whether or not it makes the default port explicit.
I guess the libgcj team usually decides in favor of JDK compliance. You
could probably commit this under the obvious rule, though Tom or Bryce may
have a differing opinion.