This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: RFA: [PATCH]: MIPS enhancements to libgcj...
- From: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:51:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: [PATCH]: MIPS enhancements to libgcj...
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeff Sturm wrote:
Perhaps, can anyone verify that?
I'm certainly no MIPS expert, so others might comment on the llsc stuff.
+inline static void
+release_set(volatile obj_addr_t *addr, obj_addr_t new_val)
+ __asm__ __volatile__("sync" : :);
+ *(addr) = new_val;
Probably want a memory clobber here...
Or if "sync" is even needed?
Or if "sync" is available on most/all CPUs?