This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: 3.4 PATCH: Consistently use _ABIO32 for _MIPS_SIM
- From: Hans Boehm <Hans dot Boehm at hp dot com>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>,Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, <cgd at broadcom dot com>,<java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Hans Boehm <hans_boehm at hp dot com>,David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>,Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:25:51 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: 3.4 PATCH: Consistently use _ABIO32 for _MIPS_SIM
I'm certainly OK with the gc part. I put the change in the upstream tree.
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 07:21:07PM +0200, Rainer Orth wrote:
> > Alexandre Oliva writes:
> > > > But it is simply wrong to use _MIPS_SIM without <sgidefs.h>, so you get
> > > > what you deserve ;-(
> > >
> > > I tend to agree :-)
> > Fine. If I could get approval for the various parts (boehm-gc, libffi,
> > listdc++, and gcc/config/mips), David would be happy (and able to
> > bootstrap) again :-)
> > Any takers?
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-10/msg00607.html
> The libstdc++ bits looks fine from a libstdc++ viewpoint, if a mips/irix port
> maintainer hasn't already mass-approved it all by the time you read this.
> Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
> Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
> by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
> - Brian W. Kernighan