This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Configure differences on rebuild?
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: neroden at twcny dot rr dot com (Nathanael Nerode)
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 16 Oct 2003 12:04:48 -0600
- Subject: Re: Configure differences on rebuild?
- References: <20031014210731.GA8926@twcny.rr.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Nathanael" == Nathanael Nerode <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Nathanael> I'd like to commit this change if it's OK because I'm going
Nathanael> to be doing work on the toplevel config/*.m4 files, and
Nathanael> every spurious difference causes confusion when doing that.
Nathanael> -for ac_hdr in stdlib.h unistd.h sys/stat.h sys/types.h
Nathanael> +for ac_hdr in unistd.h
I wonder where this code comes from.
I dug around a little but didn't see anything.
The stdlib.h check removal is odd; the others (including unistd.h)
are duplicates -- though the initial check is only done conditionally.
We unconditionally include stdlib.h all over the place though.
There's probably no reason to check for it at all.
The autoconf I always use to update configure in this tree also comes
up with a patch similar to yours (but including a lot of line number
changes too). On that basis alone I think your patch is fine.