This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
RE: [Patch] natString.cc: Some fixes for bounds checking arithmetic.
- From: Ralph Loader <suckfish at ihug dot co dot nz>
- To: "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "MOSBERGER, DAVID (HP-PaloAlto,unix3)" <davidm at hpl dot hp dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:06:22 +1200
- Subject: RE: [Patch] natString.cc: Some fixes for bounds checking arithmetic.
- References: <75A9FEBA25015040A761C1F74975667D0144233F@hplex4.hpl.hp.com>
> could presumably also add the __builtin_expect calls which should
> presumably be there, but aren't.
Even better, teach the compiler to regard throw statements as not likely
to be executed?