This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch: Fix "make clean" in libjava
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Mohan Embar <gnustuff at thisiscool dot com>
- Cc: GCJ Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:50:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch: Fix "make clean" in libjava
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Mohan Embar wrote:
> Michael Koch pointed out to me that "make clean" is
> broken under libjava because of command-line-length
> issues. At first, I thought that this was because
> of my "compile all sourcefiles" patch, but looking
> into this, I don't see how that patch could have anything
> to do with this issue.
'make clean' has been broken since long before your patch.
> P.S. This patch's behavior is equivalent to the pre-patch
> behavior in that it only deletes .lo files and not .o files.
> Is this correct?
I prefer that it work like 'libtool rm' removing all compiled files, but I
don't have a strong reason. The rule as-is is enough to force a complete
rebuild. Tom may have another opinion.