This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: gcj: new encoding
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 20 Aug 2003 11:41:48 -0600
- Subject: Re: gcj: new encoding
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Haley <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Andrew> As part of the new gcj ABI, we have a new encoding for classes when
Andrew> catching exceptions. This also makes sure that we use the correct
Andrew> class loader to look up a type when matching an exception region.
FYI folks, this is another of the eclipse patches.
There's only a couple remaining. Unfortunately, one of those (the one
to disable the gcj verifier) is not suitable for checkin, and fixing
the bugs is likewise pretty hard.