This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch for Review: _Jv_TempUTFString + JV_TEMP_UTF_STRING
- From: "Mohan Embar" <mohwan at excite dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, bryce at mckinlay dot net dot nz, aph at redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:11:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch for Review: _Jv_TempUTFString + JV_TEMP_UTF_STRING
- Reply-to: public at thisiscool dot com
(This is Mohan Embar writing from outer space.)
>That said, Mohan, please make this change and put it in.
Did you take a look at this follow-up post?:
I found that the timings for _Jv_AllocBytes() were higher than
for _Jv_Malloc() (the times reported are in milliseconds - I forgot
to mention that in the previous post), especially on Win32.
While, as Bryce mentioned, we are talking about the fallback
case where the stack-allocated buffer doesn't work, I still
felt like this was a point worth mentioning.
Having said this, do you still want me to make the change
and put this in?
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
The most personalized portal on the Web!