This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch for Review: Build all libjava .class files at once (Updated)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: gnustuff at thisiscool dot com
- Cc: GCJ Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 16 Aug 2003 12:22:40 -0600
- Subject: Re: Patch for Review: Build all libjava .class files at once (Updated)
- References: <DAGE6JLIUTXSXUTNOK842WB6OKTQEB.3f3e6d0a@p733>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Mohan" == Mohan Embar <email@example.com> writes:
Mohan> - make all-recursive depend on libgcj.jar instead of
Mohan> - make libgcj.jar depend on the <i>source</i> files instead of
Mohan> the classfiles
Great approach! I think people will be pretty happy with this, since
I suspect it will speed up build times.
Now we just have to tackle the other half of the equation :-)
Mohan> + @: $(shell echo $? | tr ' ' '\n' > libgcj.sourcelist)
Like Alexandre says, you have to use the GNU make trick here to work
around systems with command line length limitations. With that change
this patch is ok.
Really, we'd like to find a way to write this code so that it doesn't
depend on GNU make at all, but still works on these limited systems.
Nobody has tried to figure out how to do that yet. We don't even know
if it is reasonably possible.