This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: 3.4 PATCH: Support boehm-gc with pthreads on Tru64 UNIX
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:38:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: 3.4 PATCH: Support boehm-gc with pthreads on Tru64 UNIX
- References: <16143.4125.522651.985281@xayide.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 09:29:33PM +0200, Rainer Orth wrote:
> include/private/gcconfig.h has:
> # ifdef ALPHA
> # ifndef LINUX
> # define USE_GENERIC_PUSH_REGS
> /* Gcc and probably the DEC/Compaq compiler spill pointers to preserved */
> /* fp registers in some cases when the target is a 21264. The assembly */
> /* code doesn't handle that yet, and version dependencies make that a */
> /* bit tricky. Do the easy thing for now. */
> # endif
> I'm not sure this is necessary given this change:
> 2001-06-26 Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * alpha_mach_dep.s: Mark call-saved FP registers.
> * include/private/gcconfig.h (ALPHA): Remove USE_GENERIC_PUSH_REGS.
> * configure.in (alpha*): Re-enable alpha_mach_dep.s
> * configure: Rebuild.
> Maybe Richard can comment?
It isn't necessary. My patch did add all the proper code to
handle the fp registers.