Re: Make LTO Patch for Job Server Thread Detection Agnostic

On Fri, 2020-02-28 at 17:37 +0100, Martin Jambor wrote:
> > Recently Honza, me and others discussed LTO's interaction with
> > build systems, and that perhaps the module mapper could be
> > generalized for other purposes.  (Yes, still need to resurrect my
> > Make PoC)
>
> see also the "Create a general jobserver client/server library"
> library suggested GSoC project at
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode.

If you get someone to work on that please touch base with
bug-make@gnu.org (or talk to me directly, at psmith@gnu.org) as it
would be great if the implementation could be used in GNU make itself,
as well.

One caveat: GNU make still requires C90.

Cheers!