This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make LTO Patch for Job Server Thread Detection Agnostic
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Nicholas Krause <xerofoify at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>, gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 08:44:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: Make LTO Patch for Job Server Thread Detection Agnostic
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 06:50, Nicholas Krause <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Greetings Martin,
> This patch:
> May have a small problem with the lines:
> + const char *makeflags = getenv ("MAKEFLAGS");
> + if (makeflags == NULL)
> + return false; I'm not sure if ninja or other build systems use that
> for detection or have it as a variable you can use. This may be an issue
> with ninja, cmake and other build systems that may not have it. Maybe
> I'm wrong but it may be good to check that, Nick
The patch is to use Make's jobserver, it's not expected to work with
arbitrary build systems.
Martin, the comment in your patch says "-std=c11" which should be c++11.