This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Branch instructions that depend on target distance
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Petr Tesarik <ptesarik at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 12:29:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: Branch instructions that depend on target distance
- References: <email@example.com>
On Feb 24 2020, Petr Tesarik wrote:
> This works great ... until there's some inline asm() statement, for
> which gcc cannot keep track of the length attribute, so it is probably
> taken as zero.
GCC computes it by counting the number of asm insns. You can use
ADJUST_INSN_LENGTH to adjust this as needed.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."