This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Request for better syntax checking in lang.opt
- From: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig at netcologne dot de>
- To: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:29:15 +0100
- Subject: Request for better syntax checking in lang.opt
having just lost a few hours on a space in lang.opt where
there was supposed to be none, leading to a new option
being silently ignored, a request:
Would it be possible to improve the syntax checking for lang.opt?
It's a file that people touch only rarely, so it is likely that
they will have no experience or will already have forgotten the
gotchas they encountered the last time.