Hey, spotted an out-of-date reference on gcc.gnu.org

Dear GCC Team,

I’m writing because you cite DEC.com in this post on GCC - but the website has been offline for 5+ years!

At Digital.com, we've published a "long read" on the rise and fall of Digital Equipment Corporation, which I thought make an "easy fix" to send your readers somewhere more useful than a 404 page.

It covers everything from VAX, Altavista, DEC's sale to Compaq & ultimate demise. You'll find the article here:-

https://digital.com/about/dec/

Would you consider citing our work to replace the broken DEC.com link, please?

I think this article would keep your content current and your readers happy - love to hear what you think. Either way, thank you for your time and consideration.

Best wishes,

Richard
Digital.com
Don't want emails from us anymore? Reply to this email with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.
Digital.com, BM Box 3667 , London, Greater London, WC1N 3XX , United Kingdom