This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Git ChangeLog policy for GCC Testsuite inquiry
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 13:49:56 -0500
- Subject: Git ChangeLog policy for GCC Testsuite inquiry
- References: <CAGWvnyktjKVp-T9jrGUt_rmzgaoS0Z5N1OPP9oaOvk0Xehrb_Q@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAGWvny=RM5cPi9VoJOKMoPNvgcybavT0CCcKSowxRNZwfrBqNw@mail.gmail.com> <CADzB+2nLasW5mdFBWFd7xxXRLx8+UMnfXTwOYzU_x4c8=WcQRQ@mail.gmail.com>
>> > On 1/24/20 8:45 AM, David Edelsohn wrote:
>> > > There is no ChangeLog entry for the testsuite changes.
>> > I don't believe in ChangeLog entries for testcases, but I'll add one for
>> > the target-supports.exp change, thanks.
>> Is this a general policy change that we want to make? Current we
>> still have gcc/testsuite/ChangeLog and developers are updating that
> I would support formalizing that as policy; currently there is no policy.
> "There is no established convention on when ChangeLog entries are to be made for testsuite changes."
Do we want to continue with ChangeLog entries for testsuite changes or
only rely on Git log?