This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about git: merging to gccgo branch
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at golang dot org>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 18:38:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: Question about git: merging to gccgo branch
- Ironport-sdr: 9svN6E0AK2QuVptET7Wd4Is7hUSennfV8eeVfmkv0sET9321q2GC/b6G7AOYBOJ0gMTzK3lRHR ZKep/Xk9BA+s9mvq9QX5umk2Dsa/36Y/CIQFMAMXJUzBE8E54rLE9rCJMKwKiRlIAToih0U1KY OVqXDgqGxwKpsXYjYQgwagjQI83mGvapJIBd6CJwLRimXhjCha8wf0Uj16eApVQo03uOV9KrSx a2g1w7Z8SY1BHPjzoSS6keZp6eBfp5+eUsG9qNTSY04SVaF7yU541mQACRYFKHUKQMgKsa8Xge K18=
- Ironport-sdr: n8lMSwWpqtKBtLO2QTH4F3928PB72hWdlzNvnjmeEgwDxaB2MxkmdrZWPYWoiLhMvyn9Eh21bY MjWVs2PI/uJg==
- References: <CAOyqgcVXtjA7P1agBvBr--zkQq1Zy0o2sQDvFxDy9MHdK3gZyw@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> I don't want to send 581 e-mails. I would be happy not sending any
> e-mails at all. I would also be happy sending 1 e-mail.
This is the issue we've discussed in
<https://github.com/AdaCore/git-hooks/issues/9> and the messages linked
Until we have a proper fix not to send emails for the commits being
merged, I've increased that limit to 1000 for GCC, as it doesn't seem
useful to make people split the commits merged into batches of at most
100. I've also disabled the check for the default commit message for
merge commits, since it seems that wasn't being useful in practice for
branches where merges are appropriate and a separate check prevents merge
commits on master and release branches.
Joseph S. Myers