Re: git: remote: *** The first line of a commit message should be a short description of the change, not a single word.

On 1/21/20 6:30 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
Whether they make it to trunk or not doesn't really change the fact
that a one-word message is poor. If it's only on your local machine,
do what you like. The hook only complains when such a commit is
published on gcc.gnu.org.

I would disagree here. I used 'WIP' as my commit message for a branch
that is an experimental and potentially fixes a PR. GCC git is a central
point for my setup, I need to push the branch in order to pull it from
a different machine and test it there.

Moreover, as Jason said, one can have multiple commits that will be
squashed anyway before a patch submission.

Martin