Re: Whitespace at the start of first line of commit

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> Do open a GitHub issue if you'd like me to add this check to
> the git-hooks. I will likely give it less priority because
> you'll have a way to implement it on your on, but I will get to it
> eventually.

I think https://github.com/AdaCore/git-hooks/issues/7 generally covers all
the things we've come up with regarding custom checks *on commit
messages*, both those that are clearly GCC-specific (From-SVN:) and those
that are more generic for projects where people formerly used ChangeLog
content as their commit messages (rejecting a first line looking like a
ChangeLog header, rejecting a first line starting with whitespace,
rejecting a single-word first line).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com