Re: gcc-cvs mails for personal/vendor branches for merge commits

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020, Jason Merrill wrote:

> On 1/15/20 9:56 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Jan 2020, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> >
> > > Or, if that is not possible, disable gcc-cvs mail for vendor and private
> > > branches altogether?
>
> I think this is desirable.  gcc-cvs should only mail about changes to master
> and release branches.

I thinks commit mails for changes to all branches are desirable (including
refs/heads/devel/ branches, including user and vendor branches) - but they
should only be for changes that are new to the repository.  Existing
practice in SVN was that all branches generated mails, we simply didn't
have so many branches.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com