Re: GCC Git hooks

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020, Joseph Myers wrote:

> Concretely, these are the changes I'm currently using to configure the
> hooks in a way I think appropriate for GCC, and it would be useful if the
> hooks could support such configuration in a more generic way in future so
> that we can stop using a GCC-specific patched installation of the hooks.
> The following features are hardcoded that didn't seem to have a way to
> configure them:

Plus one further change now: if a newly created branch is in refs/heads/,
require it to be in refs/heads/devel/ or refs/heads/releases/ (i.e.
enforce a particular branch naming convention, in particular to prevent
mistakes where people accidentally push a branch into refs/heads/ because
their push configuration for user or vendor branches was wrong).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com