This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GIT conversion: question about tags & release branches
- From: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- To: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: esr at thyrsus dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 12:50:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: GIT conversion: question about tags & release branches
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 1/9/20 12:45 PM, Martin Jambor wrote:
I use the release tags every now and then so this caught my attention
but I do not understand what the problem is?
Problem is that if you do:
$ git log origin/releases/gcc-9
you will not find the 9.2.0 tag. Which is a useful information when
you seek for a presence of a revision in a release.