This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Test GCC conversion with reposurgeon available
- From: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Eric Raymond <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 00:44:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: Test GCC conversion with reposurgeon available
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CA+=Sn1kFGMifz90H0FC_+qkUZCBXKdURqM42Oo=Z1cA1tJKT_g@mail.gmail.com>
On 06/01/2020 23:57, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 4:38 AM Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Dec 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:
>>> Two more.
>> Two more.
>> These have further accumulated improvements, especially identifying more
>> merge commits, many improved author attributions, and many improved commit
>> summaries / PR number fixups from Richard's scripts. We're working on
>> identifying further cases where author attributions can be safely
> A few comments about my commits (and others).
> * SVN r133438 had the wrong PR # used but it was fixed with SVN r133439.
I've added a fixup
> * SVN r134947, only has one commit associated with it but with new
> testcases too.
This is due to the emails not matching exactly. It's not really
practical to do case independent comparisons, so I've added a forced
email for the author and fixed the summary manually.
> ** Maybe just use the non testsuite/ChangeLog reference as the subject line.
The scanner for this doesn't look at ChangeLog files, only at the commit
message itself. Again, it's not really feasible to tease
testsuite/non-testsuite changes out reliably, so I don't try.
> ** Also I Noticed the author for that revision is detected as
> firstname.lastname@example.org but that is because I used different cases for the
> emails in the changelog.
Which lead to all of the above.
> *** Maybe always using lower case for the email part.
> * SVN r160418, does not detect me as the main author or even detect
> Shujing's email.
> ** the changelog entry below what was added had a minor whitespace change to it
> * SVN r211205, does not detect my email address correctly
> ** I had a typo in the date format (014-06-03 when it should have been
> I don't care if these minor issues don't get fixed, but I suspect
> fixing them will help fix other issues; I don't know if these have
> been fixed yet.
> Andrew Pinski
>> Joseph S. Myers