This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Support Library Requirements for GCC 10
- From: Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 21:28:22 +0100
- Subject: Support Library Requirements for GCC 10
The minimum support library version of MPC for building GCC 10 is not
After downloading gcc-10-20191229.tar.xz and
$ cd gcc-10-20191229/gcc/doc
$ xdg-open HTML/prerequisites.html
- gmp 4.3.2 - works,
- mpfr 3.1.0 - works,
- mpc 0.8.1 - fails!
The failure has been reported already in . The fix is to use
- mpc 1.0.3 - works.
This wastes some time for everyone who attempts to install GCC 10 from
In  it was suggested to look in the contrib/download_prerequisites script.
This script indeed contains
Additionally, the mpc-0.8.1 release is so old that it is not (or no longer)
on ftp.gnu.org .
Therefore I would suggest
1) to change the documentation (HTML/prerequisites.html) in the GCC 10
snapshots to mention mpc-1.0.3 instead of mpc-0.8.1,
2) likewise, change https://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html
to mention mpc-1.0.3 instead of mpc-0.8.1.