Re: New GCC mirror from Rabat, Morocco

Hi Sami,

On Sun, 6 Oct 2019, Sami Ait Ali Oulahcen wrote:
> We'd like to start mirroring the GCC.

apologies, it appears none of us did get back to you last year?

Happy to have you as a mirror, and if you'd like to submit a patch
for https://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html that'd be great. Otherwise we
can create one.

> URLs:
> http://mirror.marwan.ma/gcc/
> https://mirror.marwan.ma/gcc/
> rsync://mirror.marwan.ma/gcc/
> Location:     Rabat, Morocco
> Contact:      Sami Ait Ali Oulahcen (noc{at}marwan{dot}ma)
>
> Please let us know of the central rsync address, and the recommended pull frequency.

We've got a little page at https://gcc.gnu.org/rsync.html that has
information on our rsync service.

`rsync rsync://gcc.gnu.org/` lists a long list of targets, and the
one you'll probably want is gcc-ftp, so

  rsync --archive --delete --compress rsync://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-ftp /loc/al/dir

I guess?

(Let me know whether/what works for you, and I'll make sure to
enhance our documentation.)

As for frequence, once a day, maybe a bit after snapshot runs happen,
so around midnight your timezone should work fine.

Thank you,
Gerald