This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Fixing gcc git logs
- From: Jerry <jvdelisle at charter dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 18:00:35 -0800
- Subject: Fixing gcc git logs
In the following git log entry, I made a typo on the PR number in the
libgfortran ChangeLog file. I noticed this right after the git commit,
while editing the git log.
So I quit the edit without saving and git reported that the commit was
Then I edited the my local ChangeLog file, did git add . and git commit
again. In this case the git log edit started as usual and I recopied
the correct text into my editor (VI) and saved it. The commit proceeded
as I expected. Then I did the git svn dcommit
Well the git log ended up like this. How to fix? How to avoid?
The 90274 should have been 90374. The actual committed files are OK.
commit 86e1d9f75bae096922664755d037f2a9d85e2a24 (HEAD -> trunk,
svn/trunk, origin/trunk, origin/master)
Author: jvdelisle <jvdelisle@138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4>
Date: Thu Jan 2 00:57:31 2020 +0000
PR 90374 d0.d, e0.d, es0.d, en0.d, g0.d and ew.d edit descriptors.
* io/format.c (parse_format_list): Implement the E0 exponent
width to provide smallest possible width for exponent fields.
Refactor code for correct parsing and better readability of the
* io/io.h (write_real_w0): Change interface to pass in pointer
* io/transfer.c: Update all calls to write_real_w0 to use the
* io/write.c ((write_real_w0): Use the new interface with fnode
to access both the decimal precision and exponent widths
* io/write_float.def (build_float_string): Use the passed in
exponent width to calculate the used width in the case of E0.