Re: Test GCC conversion with reposurgeon available

Segher Boessenkool <segher@kernel.crashing.org>:
> The goal is not to pretend we never used SVN.

One of *my* goals is that the illusion of git back to the beginning of
time should be as consistent as possible.

> The goal is to have a Git repo that is as useful as possible for us.

Exactly.  I've already written about minimizing cognitive friction.

Here's why you want to get timezones right: there are going to be times
when the order of commits is significant information for a developer's
understanding of what happened.  But without a timezone you only know
the actual time of a commit to 24-hour resoltion.

There is no way we'll get this perfect.  But there is more wrong and
less wrong, and reposurgeon tries hard to be less wrong.