Re: Test GCC conversion with reposurgeon available

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 4:39 PM Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>
wrote:

> Points for consideration:
>
> 1. Do we want some kind of rearrangement of refs as in the 1b
> repository or not?

Maybe?  How much space does that save in a clone?  How much work does a
partial clone add on the server, since the server needs to pack up the
objects for the partial clone rather than just transmitting its own packs?

> 2. Should the final converted repository contain refs/deleted/ refs or
> not?

I think not.

> 3. Where an attribution comes from an author map rather than a
> ChangeLog file, do we wish to use the existing author map or do people
> prefer using names from that map but with @gcc.gnu.org addresses (and
> @gnu.org for usernames that only committed in the gcc2 period)?

 I lean toward the latter.

Jason