Re: Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 08:54:51AM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Segher Boessenkool <segher@kernel.crashing.org>:
> > > Do people really want to keep tweaking the conversions and postpone the
> > > git switchover?
> >
> > No.
>
> It may not be my place to say, but...I think the stakes are pretty
> high here.  If I were a GCC developer, I think I'd want the best
> possible conversion even if that takes a little longer.

Most of us are perfectly happy even with the current git mirror, for
old commits.  We want "real" git to make the workflow for new commits
better.

No more delays, _please_.

If the reposurgeon conversion is not ready now, then it is too late
to be selected.

Segher