Re: Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT

Segher Boessenkool <segher@kernel.crashing.org>:
> > Do people really want to keep tweaking the conversions and postpone the
> > git switchover?
>
> No.

It may not be my place to say, but...I think the stakes are pretty
high here.  If I were a GCC developer, I think I'd want the best
possible conversion even if that takes a little longer.

jsm28, rearnsha, and my reposurgeon crew are pretty close to a final
deliverable now. We know what the remaining issues are, they're not
major, and we have a strategy for fixing them. Have a little patience,
please.

Better yet, come over to #reposurgeon on freenode and help out. Anyone
who can run tests on a machine with >128GB RAM would be especially
welcome.