Re: Branch and tag deletions

On 03/12/2019 13:26, Joseph Myers wrote:
On Mon, 2 Dec 2019, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:31:22PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
Please post the full names of all the tags you want to delete?

Here is a list of 645 tags proposed for removal, in the various
categories I gave.  Vendor tags are only included where they also fall
into one of the other categories (e.g. tags that appear to be purely
for merge tracking and so would not idiomatically exist in git at
all).

[ snip ]

Thanks for the list.  As far as I can see all of those are no longer
useful, so they could be jut deleted from the SVN repo (if everyone
else agrees!)

Thanks.  Do other people have comments on the list?

I'm going to add one vendor tag that should be uncontroversial to the
list.  /tags/gcc-1766 is a misnamed Apple tag, and there is already a
properly named copy with identical contents at /tags/apple/gcc-1766 so
deleting /tags/gcc-1766 should be safe.

I've looked through the list; I don't see anything that looks like it would be especially controversial.

R.