Re: GCC Spec2017 optimization Wiki

Over a month ago, I wrote , about SPEC2017:

Of the 7 benchmarks that are (partly) written in Fortran, Cactus is free software (LGPL'd) and the 3 geological ones (wrf, cam4 and roms) are "obtainable" (need to register to get the source code). Of course, that means you get "a" version of the code, not necessarily what is in the SPEC benchmark, but at least it enables us to join in the analysis.

exchange2 was written by Michael Metcalf, of countless Fortran books, whom I met once (when I was on the Fortran Standardization Committee). He might be persuaded to give us a copy for analysis if this really is an outlier in performance.

Although I still can't completely vouch for it's correctness, I have written a Sudoku solver (exchange2 is a form of a Sudoku solver) in Fortran 2018. In principle - if you can find the initial clue arrangement - it can solve 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 Sudoku's. Up til now, I have only been able to test it on 3x3 and 4x4 examples.

You'll find it on my web page (indicated below).

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/; weather: http://moene.org/~hirlam/