state of play/strategy for including Modula-2 into the trunk (licence queries)

Hello,

I thought I'd seek advice on how to get the Modula-2 front end into
trunk and also give a state of play.

State of play
=============

Currently the gm2-trunk passes all but one regression test on amd64.
Other architectures/platforms vary.  In early September the whole number
overflow detection was completed, which was the final ISO feature
required.  The compiler and libraries completely implement the ISO
standard.  The good news is that the focus is now bug
hunting/fixing/maintainance and updating all boiler-plates.

I'm currently semi-manually walking the source tree updating all GPL
boiler-plates.  All compiler source files have been changed to GPL3.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/gm2/gm2-compiler

All library source files have been changed to GPL3 with runtime
exception in these directories:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/gm2/gm2-libs
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/gm2/gm2-libs-min
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/gm2/gm2-libs-pim
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/gm2/gm2-libs-iso
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/gm2/gm2-libs-coroutines
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/gm2/gm2-libiberty
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/gcc/gm2/gm2-libs-ch

Is this correct?  Without wishing to seem presumptuous - is it preferred to
use the project name GCC or stick with GNU Modula-2?

(I still need to visit:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/libgm2)

gm2 does use GNU libpth (to create context and switch contexts).
Although it doesn't need libpth for single process programs.  I think
the GNU libpth project is no longer maintained, so I've included it in:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno/libgm2/libpth/pth

I assuming this is okay as it is an official GNU project?  It contains
the important clause:

>  This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
>  modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
>  License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
>  version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

in its source files - so I plan to bump this to GPL3 with runtime
exception.  Is this sensible and what is expected?

Anyway I thought it best to ask these questions even though there is
still a little way to go - but the finishing line is in sight!  (In
terms of visiting each and every file and checking the boiler-plates).

I've yet to tackle the regression test directory and the examples
directory.  I also need to check all Makefiles, script files and double
check the texi files.

Once the tree of source file visiting is complete, how should I proceed?

My default plan would be to work on the compiler driver patches again
after applying the changes advised.  If/when they go through ask for a
review of the tree for inclusion:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gm2.git/tree/gcc-versionno

again is this sensible?  Are there [obvious] issues I've missed?
What would you prefer?

many thanks,

regards,
Gaius