Moving to C++11

Greetings David,

I posted on the list about moving to C++11/C11 but the focus was on

C++11 for my work. Seems that other people wanted to use some

parts of the C++11 standard including rvalues,move,auto and template

aliases. The thread is here:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2019-09/msg00228.html

I've come to the conclusion that enabling parts of it would be useful overall based

on the linked discussion.

Therefore I'm opening up the discussion again with the commitee involved to figure

out what should be used and how the migration should take place,

Nick