This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
NLNet funding proposal for donations to gcc vector processor
- From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 22:40:39 +0800
- Subject: NLNet funding proposal for donations to gcc vector processor
Long story short, caveats first:
* this is not recruitment
* it is not a job offer either (so cannot go on the FSF page)
* i asked on irc and contacted the steering committee but did not receive a
* the deadline is Oct 1st so there is time pressure
I am looking for people who would like to be the recipient of charitable
donations, direct from the NLNet Foundation  for the purposes of a gcc
vector processor port to the newly developed Libre RISC-V SoC.
This processor is a hybrid CPU / VPU / GPU with an entirely unique type of
"tagged" vectorisation that effectively turns scalar operations into
It is quite similar to the Cray Vector Engine, which forms the basis of the
RISCV RVV Extension. With the addition of RVV support to LLVM one of my
big concerns is that gcc will be left behind, here.
If anyone over the next few days and weeks sees this message and would like
to work on a gcc port, based on the *existing* RISC-V gcc port, please do
get in touch promptly and/or ask questions, here.
With thanks and gratitude,
 https://nlnet.nl/PET/ EU Grant No 825310 https://nlnet.nl/foundation/
charitable tax status agreements established, links available
crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68