Re: Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT

> On Sep 17, 2019, at 3:02 PM, Richard Earnshaw (lists) <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com> wrote:
>
> At the Cauldron this weekend the overwhelming view for the move to GIT soon was finally expressed.

> So in summary my proposed timetable would be:
>
> Monday 16th December 2019 - cut off date for picking which git conversion to use
>
> Tuesday 31st December 2019 - SVN repo becomes read-only at end of stage 3.
>
> Thursday 2nd January 2020 - (ie read-only + 2 days) new git repo comes on line for live commits.
>
> Doing this over the new year holiday period has both advantages and disadvantages.  On the one hand the traffic is light, so the impact to most developers will be quite low; on the other, it is a holiday period, so getting the right key folk to help might be difficult.  I won't object strongly if others feel that slipping a few days (but not weeks) would make things significantly easier.

The timetable looks entirely reasonable to me.

I have regenerated my primary version this week, and it's up at https://git.linaro.org/people/maxim-kuvyrkov/gcc-pretty.git/ .  So far I have received only minor issue reports about it, and all known problems have been fixed.  I could use a bit more scrutiny :-).

Regards,

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.linaro.org