This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Any future plan supporting livepatching in kernel for AArch64?
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: "Bin.Cheng" <amker dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, Li Bin <huawei dot libin at huawei dot com>, duwe at suse dot de, Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, "takahiro dot akashi at linaro dot org" <takahiro dot akashi at linaro dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 21:56:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: Any future plan supporting livepatching in kernel for AArch64?
- References: <CAHFci29qcCB1=KvXzXDx5vJJ0gryBVMpv0Tz+6aB0JGx6er4Fg@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:24 PM Bin.Cheng <email@example.com> wrote:
> I read through previous messages which tried to support livepatching
> in kernel for AArch64.
> Following is the patch supporting mfentry:
> And this is the last message about above thread:
> Here is another patch trying to support a general option, however. it
> was not merged either.
> If I read messages correctly, kernel part is not merged (partly)
> because of waiting for GCC. As a result, we have to apply local
> patches, I am wondering if there is any future plan to support it on
> AArch64, or no one really uses it?
A GCC patch was merged for this already and is included in GCC 9.1.0 and above.
Someone did not add it to the GCC 9 release notes though to highlight it.
> I CCed patch authors as well as who joined previous discussions,
> please let me know if you don't want to be cced in this thread.