This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Update comment of removed options.
- From: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>, Iain Sandoe <idsandoe at googlemail dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 13:46:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Update comment of removed options.
- References: <email@example.com> <CAH6eHdTTZw0_vw-gjNcJjpu81yr-TvGEXXwJCaxbdi9zQefirstname.lastname@example.org> <CAFiYyc1NUtVggkd_Ht2yqaOpvmZUzbN89DW3w7wHYQ8ZEUC5email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20190906144853.GD14737@redhat.com> <20190906145640.GI2120@tucnak> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20190909110819.GQ2120@tucnak> <email@example.com> <20190909113935.GR2120@tucnak>
On 9/9/19 1:39 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 01:24:53PM +0200, Martin Liška wrote:
>> You are right. What about the suggested patch?
> Can you please quickly (say with svn blame) double check whether the
> descriptions weren't actually right but misleading (an option could
> be deprecated in N and removed in N+1 or so, so see if it has been actually
> removed in the GCC release mentioned in there, rather than deprecated and
> removed later)?
Yes, majority of the changes are MPX-related options. There were really removed in GCC 9.x.
Then there's fcilkplus (really removed in GCC 8.x) and last one is -frepo, which I've just
removed (thus GCC 10).
> Ok with that. Perhaps it would be desirable to also rename the Deprecated
> keyword in *.opt to Removed and adjust documentation, but that can be
> handled separately.