Re: add command line option to gcc

On 9/5/19 11:25 PM, Tim Rice wrote:
I have a use case where I would like gcc to accept -Kthread
and act as if it was passed -pthread. So -Kthread would
be a synonym for -pthread.

I am having trouble figuring out how the option processing is handled.
Possibly in gcc/gcc.c but I am stumped here.

Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks.

The first thing is why don't you just create a alias in your shell for this. If not

you also have to understand -lpthread is a linker to link in the library. If you

really require to do then you will need to rewrite parts of the C++/C frontends.

Here is a link to what you will need to read:

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Front-End.html#Front-End

Mostly it's adding the option so the first link should help it seems for understanding

a frontend directory,

Nick