This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecate -traditional-cpp?
- From: Janne Blomqvist <blomqvist dot janne at gmail dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 14:16:08 +0300
- Subject: Re: Deprecate -traditional-cpp?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 2:08 PM Nathan Sidwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Is it time to deprecate traditional preprocessing? It's been 30 years
> since C89. Are (non-compiler) tools that use it still things?
> Handling it gets its hooks into a bunch of odd places in libcpp.
> To be specific: deprecate -traditional-cpp for GCC10, remove in GCC11.
The Fortran frontend uses traditional mode, for reasons I can't recall
at the moment.