Re: Expansion of narrowing math built-ins into power instructions

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 at 02:05, Segher Boessenkool
<segher@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> (I delete everything under your signature, without looking, assuming you
> just forgot to).

Oh sorry, I didn't know the reply button does evil things. :-)

> If long double is double, faddl is the same as fadd, and daddl is just
> normal addition.
>
> If long double is double-double, faddl can be done as fadd on the first
> double precision component of both args, and daddl is just normal addition
> of those.
>
> If long double is IEEE QP, then it is more interesting :-)

On what conditions does the mapping of long double to double/
double-double or IEEE QP changes or depends, so that I can test it.

Thanks,
Tejas