Re: GSOC Proposal

On 4/1/19 1:24 AM, Eric Gallager wrote:
On 3/29/19, nick <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:

Seems your right touching the complete garbage collector is too much. I'm
just looking at the users of the garbage collector and it seems one of the
major ones is pre compiled headers.

The thing about pre-compiled headers is that I seem to remember some
GCC devs saying they wanted to rip out pre-compiled headers completely
once the C++ modules branch is merged, so I'm not sure if it's worth
putting that much work into something that might be removed soon,
anyways... I'm pretty sure Nathan Sidwell is the main person working
on the C++ modules branch, so I'm cc-ing him.

The use of the GC machinery for PCH is needed by the front ends and is orthogonal to that for GC during code generation.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell