This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Gcc profile questions
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,Qing Zhao <qing dot zhao at oracle dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:07:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: Gcc profile questions
- References: <03639D7B-C8CB-41A9-88DC-57B04D285677@oracle.com>
On February 19, 2019 5:19:11 PM GMT+01:00, Qing Zhao <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>Suppose we have a program called foo which is built with gcc
>-fprofile-generate, Now when foo is executed a bunch of .gcda files
>What happens when foo is executed more than once. Are the .gcda files
>updated with each execution?
Or are the .gcda files overwritten with
>new .gcda files (and thus contain profile info only for the last
>Thanks for the info.