Re: GCC missing -flto optimizations? SPEC lbm benchmark

> Hasn't GNAT sorted Ada elements in records (e.g. structures) by size
> since near its initial addition to GCC in the mid-90s? This results in the
> largest elements up front and minimizes the need for alignment gaps.

No, that's a serious misconception, since one of the features of GNAT is to be
compatible with C by default as much as possible.  But we started to do some
reordering recently when the records don't have (direct) equivalents in C.

--
Eric Botcazou