Re: GCC missing -flto optimizations? SPEC lbm benchmark

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 02:12:27PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> On February 15, 2019 1:45:10 PM GMT+01:00, Hi-Angel <hiangel999@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I never could understand, why field reordering was removed from GCC?
>
> The implementation simply was seriously broken, bitrotten and unmaintained.

Which of course doesn't mean somebody else can't submit a new
implementation, as long as it would be properly maintained and would avoid
the issues the old implementation had.  Just it is better not to have it if
it causes lots of wrong-code issues and there is nobody to fix those.

	Jakub