GCC and GSoC 2019

Hi,

today I have filed an application on behalf of the GCC project to be a
mentoring organization in the year 2019 of Google Summer of Code.  I'd
like to have the following requests and announcements:

1. First and foremost, I would like to ask all (moderately) seasoned GCC
   contributors to consider mentoring a student this year and ideally
   also come up with a project that they would like to lead.  I'm
   collecting proposal on our wiki page
   https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode - feel free to add yours to the
   top list there.  Or, if you are unsure, post your offer and project
   idea as a reply here, of course.

2. I would like to thank a lot to those who have already confirmed that
   they are willing to mentor a GSoC project.

3. Project ideas that come without an offer to also mentor them are
   always fun to discuss, by all means feel free to reply to this email
   with yours, but please be aware that we can only make use the
   suggestion it if we find a mentor.  I might mention them on the wiki,
   but only less prominently.

4. All knowledgeable GCC folk are invited to go over
   https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode and simply remove any outdated
   or otherwise really bad project suggestions.  I would especially want
   to ask GFortran and to a lesser extent C++ people to do so.

5. Please continue helping (prospective) students figure stuff out about
   GCC like you always do.

6. I intend to be the main "org admin" for GCC organization, I have
   asked Prathamesh Kulkarni and Honza Hubička to be my co-admins,
   because we must have at least two.  If anybody else would like to join
   us, let me know.

More information together with GSoC 2019 time line is available at
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com

Thank you, let's hope we attract some good young talent this year.

Martin