This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-9-20181202 is now available
- From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail dot com>
- To: gccadmin at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 08:09:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: gcc-9-20181202 is now available
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: noloader at gmail dot com
On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 5:41 PM <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Snapshot gcc-9-20181202 is now available on
> and on various mirrors, see http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html for details.
GCC 9 on PowerPC is doing well. I was able to test on GCC110 and
GCC112 from the compile farm. I tested both a regular build (not much
more than -DNDEBUG -g2 -O3) and a UBsan build (-fsanitize=undefined).
One thing that was slightly unusual during the build with gcc-9 was
undefined references when using UBsan. I had to manually specify both
-lrt and -ldl:
$ LDLIBS="-lrt -ldl" CXX=/home/mik/misc/gcc-9/bin/g++-9 make ubsan
It is unusual because I have never had to add libraries for GCC before.
I mention it in case it is something that the devs would like to address.