Re: Power 64 ELFv2 w.r.t toc(cmodel=medium) on windows.

Thank you David for the information.
>>Are you asking about semantics or syntax?  Which source code do you
not want to change?
My bad was not clear in the first go and the questions was why on PE
format the relocation is R_PPC64_TOC16 is generated for global access
and on ELF why its R_PPC64_TOC16_HA and R_PPC64_TOC16_LO  is generated
for same  global access ? why this difference ?

then irrespective of object  file formats ,the RELOCATION should be
same for the given target,right ?

for more info
we are using bintuills (2.29) and we run the assembler like
$as.exe -v -a64 -me6500 -many -mbig -o test.o test.s

lets compiler(gcc)  emit the syntax as PE format ,but we need
assembler emit relocations like ELF for mcmodel=medium /large .,is
that possible .

or like you suggested change the compiler to emit the ELF syntax for
global access ?

Thank you again
~Umesh